Monday, February 3, 2014

"say what you think. love who you love"

"..kiss lots of boys or kiss lots of girls if that's something you're into..."

Kacey Musgraves, you wonderful soul, you. It's good to know that more and more artists are becoming more comfortable with singing about love. Yep. love. love is love.

If you are not comfortable with reading about my stance on "gay" marriage and why I think we just need to call it all "marriage" because that's what it is, then you need to stop right now and leave me alone because I don't want to see or hear it. 

I'm so flabbergasted by this notion of human beings banning other human beings from getting married. It's one hundred times easier for straight couples to divorce than it is for same sex couples to get married, and that sickens me. Divorce is what it is, and things don't work out between people. It's fine! That's just life. Nothing is perfect. but isn't it messed up that I can get married to a guy I just met tomorrow no problem and then divorce him in 75 days, but one of my best friends can't marry the guy he loves and has been with for years, all because he's a guy who loves a guy....? 

I don't know. MAYBE it's just me... but that's kind of really messed up. Like I can't explain how sick all of this makes me. Every day you're hearing something new about Anti-LGBT laws, or about states not making any progress on their same-sex marriage laws. [Then again, we're also hearing about how LOTS of places ARE making progress. and that's a wonderful thing!]

I understand if you follow the Bible word for word and are super serious about sticking to your roots. That's great, for you. But sometimes that's not good enough. I think people should start thinking more about what's good for everyone else, too. Is it good that we're discriminating people based on who they chose to love? I don't think so.. Is it good that we're preaching to our future generations, future leaders of this country, and spreading so much hate and disrespect towards other human beings? Does that thought not make you sick to your stomach? Because it does mine. I don't know, maybe I'm too accepting of people.

I've had beliefs, that I have no interest in, shoved down my throat. I've listened to people preach to me about how I'm going to Hell because I support the "disease" that is homosexuality. Aren't you going to Hell for sinning by not loving your neighbor? DOUBLE STANDARDS, PEOPLE. it's so bad. and so, so sad. Where is the love?? The Black Eyed Peas sang it best, TEN years ago. And that song is just as relevant today as it was then. It's a beautiful song. 

My question to you is how will it directly affect you if "gay" marriage becomes widely accepted and legal in this country? How is it going to affect your heterosexual marriage? How is it going to affect your two beautiful children? How is it going to affect your job? I could go on and on. Let me answer all of those questions for me:

How is same-sex marriage going to affect my HYPOTHETICAL [because I'm not married okay] marriage? It's not going to.
How is same-sex marriage going to affect my HYPOTHETICAL two beautiful children? It's not going to.
How is same-sex marriage going to affect my job? I'd be delighted to see a same-sex couple bring a child to my place of work for me to love, and take care of, for eight hours a day.

Yeah. Ask yourself those questions. It's not like your heterosexual marriage is going to go down the drain because your neighbor and his partner get married. and if it does, then you seeeeerrrriously need to get your priorities straight. and get new hobbies. take up knitting or something. please. 

Stop being so rude to people. Stop spreading hate. Stop acting like the world is going to end if same-sex marriage is widely legalized. Just stop. 

Open up your eyes. Open up your mind.. Open up your heart

It'll do you some good.


"instead of spreading love we're spreading animosity, lack of understanding, leading us away from unity..." 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment